Welcome to Christ Church Parish, Redding, CT
we are redding's episcopal parish
We are a welcoming community of loving Christians exploring our faith, serving others, and growing in God's love.
Welcome to Our School-Year Schedule of Services
We are observing our school-year schedule of services.
- This schedule will continue through most of June, with special times for Easter, 2017.
- Holy Eucharist on Sundays at 8 and 10 in the morning. (The 8:00 service is quiet and contemplative; the 10:00 service features music with our choir and pipe organ and Church School for kids through grade 10. We also have a Cherub Room for little ones.)
- Eucharist on most Wednesday evenings at 7
- Eucharist at Meadow Ridge, usually on the first Sunday of the month at 2 pm.
- Celtic Communion, usually on the third Saturday of the month at 5 pm. The next Celtic Communion is Saturday, February 18, at 5 pm.
- Compline, a contemplative service from the New Zealand Prayer Book, on the second Sunday of the month at 7 pm.
Ways to Reach Out through Our Parish
Here are some ways to help nearby and far away~
- Christmas and Easter DCF Food Baskets
- Sponsor a share in our third well in rural Uganda. Give what you like and you'll help us reach our goal of $8000 for the well. It would be a terrific gift for the person who has everything. How about the chance to change some lives?? We are almost one-half of the way there!
- Refugee Resettlement
Our Next Jazz Vespers is Sunday, June 4, at 7 pm
Don't miss it...these events are a blast.
A Prayer for Our Country
from the Book of Common Prayer, page 820
Almighty God, who hast given us this good land for our heritage: We humbly beseech thee that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of thy favor and glad to do thy will. Bless our land with honorable industry, sound learning, and pure manners. Save us from violence, discord, and confusion; from pride and arrogance, and from every evil way. Defend our liberties, and fashion into one united people the multitudes brought hither out of many kindreds and tongues. Endue with the spirit of wisdom those to whom in thy Name we entrust the authority of government, that there may be justice and peace at home, and that, through obedience to thy law, we may show forth thy praise among the nations of the earth. In the time of prosperity, fill our hearts with thankfulness, and in the day of trouble, suffer not our trust in thee to fail; all which we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.