Welcome to Christ Church Parish, Redding, CT
we are redding's episcopal parish
We are a welcoming community of loving Christians exploring our faith, serving others, and growing in God's love.
Welcome to Our Schedule of Services
Special times for Holy Week and Easter, 2017:
Palm Sunday, April 9: Services at 8 and 10 am. Compline at 7 pm
Wednesday of Holy Week, April 12: HOly Eucharist at 7:30 pm
Maundy (holy) thursday, april 13
- Holy Eucharist and Footwashing, 4:30 pm
- Holy Eucharist and Stripping of the Altar, 7:30 pm
- Prayer Vigil with opportunity to walk a labyrinth begins at 9 pm and ends at 7 am the next morning
good friday, april 14
- Great Litany, 7 am
- "Virtual" Stations of the Cross from Conamara, Ireland, noon, in the Parish Hall
- Liturgy for Good Friday with the Reserved Sacrament, 7:30 pm
Easter vigil, Saturday, April 15, 8 pm
- The first Eucharist of Easter! Worship in this most ancient of services, beginning in fire-lit darkness, passing through chant and the water of Baptism, and ending in light and the joy of Christ's resurrection
Easter sunday, the feast of the Resurrection of jesus christ, services at 9 and 11, each with pipe organ, trumpet and choir
- Gala coffee hour in between the services beginning around 10:15. Best deviled eggs in town!
- Easter Egg Hunt for children during coffee hour. Please bring one dozen filled plastic eggs by Saturday, April 15, and drop them off in the kitchen. Please avoid tree nuts and peanuts as ingredients.
- Holy Eucharist on other Sundays at 8 and 10 in the morning. (The 8:00 service is quiet and contemplative; the 10:00 service features music with our choir and pipe organ and Church School for kids through grade 10. We also have a Cherub Room for little ones.)
- Eucharist on most Wednesday evenings at 7. Eucharist will not be held on Wednesday, April 19 or April 26.
- Eucharist at Meadow Ridge, usually on the first Sunday of the month at 2 pm.
- Celtic Communion, usually on the third Saturday of the month at 5 pm. The next Celtic Communion is THIS Saturday, April 8, at 5 pm. We'll meditate on the Celtic Cross as we turn toward Holy Week.
- Compline, a contemplative service from the New Zealand Prayer Book, on the second Sunday of the month at 7 pm. Our next service of Compline will be on Sunday, April 9, at 7 pm.
Ways to Reach Out through Our Parish
Here are some ways to help nearby and far away~
- Christmas and Easter DCF Food Baskets
- Sponsor a share in our fourth well in rural Uganda. Give what you like and you'll help us reach our goal of $6500 for the well. It would be a terrific gift for the person who has everything. How about the chance to change some lives??
- Refugee Resettlement
Our Next Jazz Vespers is Sunday, June 4, at 7 pm
Don't miss it...these events are a blast.
A Prayer for Our Country
from the Book of Common Prayer, page 820
Almighty God, who hast given us this good land for our heritage: We humbly beseech thee that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of thy favor and glad to do thy will. Bless our land with honorable industry, sound learning, and pure manners. Save us from violence, discord, and confusion; from pride and arrogance, and from every evil way. Defend our liberties, and fashion into one united people the multitudes brought hither out of many kindreds and tongues. Endue with the spirit of wisdom those to whom in thy Name we entrust the authority of government, that there may be justice and peace at home, and that, through obedience to thy law, we may show forth thy praise among the nations of the earth. In the time of prosperity, fill our hearts with thankfulness, and in the day of trouble, suffer not our trust in thee to fail; all which we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.