Welcome to Christ Church Parish, Redding, CT
we are redding's episcopal parish
We are a welcoming community of loving Christians exploring our faith, serving others, and growing in God's love.
Welcome to Our Schedule of Worship Services
- Holy Eucharist on Sunday mornings at both 8 and 10. The 8:00 service on Sunday is a Rite I Holy Eucharist using the Book of Common Prayer. That means that we use traditional, Elizabethan language in the prayers. Our 10:00 Holy Eucharist uses contemporary English. That service also features our choir leading us in song, supported by our pipe organ. We also offer Church School for kids and a nursery for little ones. Look at our eTidings page for updates on our Transition Process!
- Eucharist at Meadow Ridge, usually on the first Sunday of the month at 2 pm. The next Holy Eucharist service is in September.
Our Summer Schedule June 24 through Labor Day Weekend - Come and Worship – God is still here!
Sunday Morning at 9 am -- A more formal liturgy using the Book of Common Prayer, followed by summer refreshments on the lawn, weather permitting. Sign up now for coffee hour in the summer!
Sunday Afternoon at 5 pm -- A relaxed Holy Eucharist using the liturgy from Enriching our Worship. Come as you are!
Ways to Reach Out through Our Parish
Here are some ways to help nearby and far away~
- Thanksgiving and Easter DCF Food Baskets
- Sponsor a share in our seventh well in rural Uganda through the nonprofit organization Call to Care Uganda. Give what you like and you'll help us reach our goal of $6500 for the well. It would be a terrific gift for the person who has everything. How about the chance to change some lives??
- Participate in our hands-on service projects, such as Redding Rakes, Rise Against Hunger, and Parents' Night Out. We do lots of helping all year round.
- Refugee Resettlement
A Prayer for Our Country
from The Book of Common Prayer, page 820
Almighty God, who hast given us this good land for our heritage: We humbly beseech thee that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of thy favor and glad to do thy will. Bless our land with honorable industry, sound learning, and pure manners. Save us from violence, discord, and confusion; from pride and arrogance, and from every evil way. Defend our liberties, and fashion into one united people the multitudes brought hither out of many kindreds and tongues. Endue with the spirit of wisdom those to whom in thy Name we entrust the authority of government, that there may be justice and peace at home, and that, through obedience to thy law, we may show forth thy praise among the nations of the earth. In the time of prosperity, fill our hearts with thankfulness, and in the day of trouble, suffer not our trust in thee to fail; all which we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.