Welcome to Christ Church Parish, Redding, CT
we are redding's episcopal parish
We are a welcoming community of loving Christians exploring our faith, serving others, and growing in God's love.
Welcome to Our School-Year Schedule of Services
We are observing our school-year schedule of services.
This schedule will continue through most of June, with special times for Easter, 2017.
- Holy Eucharist on Sundays at 8 and 10 in the morning. (The 8:00 service is quiet and contemplative; the 10:00 service features music with our choir and pipe organ and Church School for kids through grade 10. We also have a Cherub Room for little ones.)
- Eucharist on Wednesday evenings at 7
- Celtic Communion, usually on the third Saturday of the month at 5 pm. The next Celtic Communion is Saturday, November 12 at 5 pm.
- Compline, a contemplative service from the New Zealand Prayer Book, on the second Sunday of the month at 7 pm.
Our Next Jazz Vespers
Our next Jazz Vespers service happens on Sunday, November 13, beginning at 7 pm. Our theme for this coming service is "Hello and Goodbye." We have lined up 2 guest artists--- Jamie Finegan on Trumpet and Flugelhorn and Greg Burrows, Drums and Percussion--- in addition to our home musicians, Grammy winner Paul Avgerinos, Vocals and Bass and Music Minister Martha Meyer on keyboard. Music by Rodgers and Hammerstein, Johnny Mercer, Thelonious Monk, Cole Porter, Andre Previn, and Sammy Fain will be rich material for improvisation. And all these works will be paired along with poetry and prose reflections. A reception will follow the service, giving us the opportunity to schmooze with Redding neighbors and with our band members.
Ways to Reach Out through Our Parish
Here are some ways to help nearby and far away~
- Stuff-a-Bus Youth Town-wide Fundraiser~bring soft, gently used items like linens, purses, clothing, to our church between Oct 13 & 30
- Stop Hunger Now~ Oct 22, St. Matthew's Church in Wilton. Register at http://signup.com/go/PgTVhZ
- Redding Rakes, helping town residents tackle leaves in their yards, Saturday, November 12
- Christmas DCF Food Baskets~info coming at church in November
- Refugee Resettlement
A Prayer for Our Country
from the Book of Common Prayer, page 820
Almighty God, who hast given us this good land for our heritage: We humbly beseech thee that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of thy favor and glad to do thy will. Bless our land with honorable industry, sound learning, and pure manners. Save us from violence, discord, and confusion; from pride and arrogance, and from every evil way. Defend our liberties, and fashion into one united people the multitudes brought hither out of many kindreds and tongues. Endue with the spirit of wisdom those to whom in thy Name we entrust the authority of government, that there may be justice and peace at home, and that, through obedience to thy law, we may show forth thy praise among the nations of the earth. In the time of prosperity, fill our hearts with thankfulness, and in the day of trouble, suffer not our trust in thee to fail; all which we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.