Welcome to Christ Church Parish, Redding, CT
we are redding's episcopal parish
We are a welcoming community of loving Christians exploring our faith, serving others, and growing in God's love.
Our Schedule of Christmastide Services
Everyone is welcome to come, adore the christ child and pray for peace
Fourth Sunday of Advent, December 18, 8 am, Holy Eucharist, Rite I; 10 am, “The Jesse Tree” and Holy Eucharist, Rite II, Greening of the Church immediately following the service. Help us beautify our sanctuary with seasonal greens and poinsettias.
Christmas Eve, December 24, Family Service, 4:45 pm. We enjoy a brief instrumental Prelude and sing carols; then we celebrate Holy Eucharist at 5. Our Pick-Up choir rehearses at 3:30 pm that day only. All are welcome to join the choir just for this service.
A Candlelight Christmas, December 24, 9 pm. We begin at 9:00 pm with a wonderful selection of anthems and carols sung by our choir and instrumental music played by Martha Meyer, our Music Minister. We follow with the Holy Eucharist.
Christmas Day, December 25, 10:00 am. Come and worship the newborn Christ in a simple, contemplative Holy Eucharist with lovely music.
Sunday, January 1, 10 am. Christmas Lessons and Carols and the Holy Communion. We continue our meditation on the Mystery of the Word made flesh.
Sunday, January 8 at 8 and 10 am. We celebrate the Epiphany of Christ to the world and the visit of the Magi to the Holy Family.
Welcome to Our School-Year Schedule of Services
We are observing our school-year schedule of services.
- This schedule will continue through most of June, with special times for Easter, 2017.
- Holy Eucharist on Sundays at 8 and 10 in the morning. (The 8:00 service is quiet and contemplative; the 10:00 service features music with our choir and pipe organ and Church School for kids through grade 10. We also have a Cherub Room for little ones.)
- Eucharist on Wednesday evenings at 7
- Eucharist at Meadow Ridge, usually on the first Sunday of the month at 2 pm. December and January: second Sunday instead.
- Celtic Communion, usually on the third Saturday of the month at 5 pm. The next Celtic Communion is Saturday, December 17 at 5 pm.
- Compline, a contemplative service from the New Zealand Prayer Book, on the second Sunday of the month at 7 pm.
Ways to Reach Out through Our Parish
Here are some ways to help nearby and far away~
- Christmas DCF Food Baskets
- Sponsor a share in our third well in rural Uganda. Give what you like and you'll help us reach our goal of $8000 for the well. It would be a terrific gift for the person who has everything. How about the chance to change some lives?? We are about one-fourth of the way there!
- Refugee Resettlement
Parents' Night Out returns on Saturday, Dec 3
Register for Parents' Night Out by calling the church office at 203 938-2872 or by signing up at church. A permission slip can be found here. This program is for the first 16 children from ages 5 through 12 who register. (There are 10 spots left as of Nov. 17). They may be from Redding or Easton (or another local community) and need not be church members. Parents' Night Out runs from 6 till 9 pm and includes make-your-own pizza for supper, decorating Christmas cookies, and a movie. There will be plenty of adults on hand to take care of the children. Parents, you may finish up holiday shopping or go out to dinner. Or you may spend a cozy 3 hours at home. Why not?!
A Prayer for Our Country
from the Book of Common Prayer, page 820
Almighty God, who hast given us this good land for our heritage: We humbly beseech thee that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of thy favor and glad to do thy will. Bless our land with honorable industry, sound learning, and pure manners. Save us from violence, discord, and confusion; from pride and arrogance, and from every evil way. Defend our liberties, and fashion into one united people the multitudes brought hither out of many kindreds and tongues. Endue with the spirit of wisdom those to whom in thy Name we entrust the authority of government, that there may be justice and peace at home, and that, through obedience to thy law, we may show forth thy praise among the nations of the earth. In the time of prosperity, fill our hearts with thankfulness, and in the day of trouble, suffer not our trust in thee to fail; all which we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.